What We Do
The Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization operating in South Carolina since 1990, dedicated to preserving and protecting the irreplaceable architectural heritage of South Carolina.
As South Carolina's only statewide partner with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Palmetto Trust works hard for:
- the advocacy of historic preservation, with an active voice raised to state government leaders on behalf of preservation legislation, and in community efforts to save historic properties
- the education about our state's history and culture, by talking with individuals and groups in South Carolina communities that harbor historic properties in need of preserving
- the preservation of properties, with real input in acquiring, stabilizing and reselling historic buildings for proper rehabilitation and reuse (see Revolving Fund )
- the networking of passionate and talented preservationists in the Palmetto State, who can work together to professionally preserve our state one property, one district, one town at a time (see Preservation Partners)
- See the list of Historic Easements held by the Palmetto Trust
Who We Are
Where We Are
The short answer? EVERYWHERE! Everywhere in South Carolina, that is, tracking down our members and other zealous preservationists, and visiting properties in need of saving and preserving.
Our office, however, is located in the recently restored Prosperity Depot:
117 Grace St (PO Box 506)
Prosperity, SC 29127
803-422-7838 (Executive Director)
803-422-7803 (Director of Development and Administration)
Give us a call, shoot us an email, or simply contact us here on the website. We look forward to hearing from you!