The Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation is a non-profit organization operating in South Carolina since 1990, dedicated to preserving and protecting the historic structures of South Carolina.
As South Carolina's only statewide preservation organization, The Palmetto Trust works hard for:
- the advocacy of historic preservation, with an active voice raised to state government leaders on behalf of preservation legislation, and in community efforts to save historic properties
- the education about our state's history and culture, by talking with individuals and groups in South Carolina communities that harbor historic properties in need of preserving
- the funding of historic preservation efforts, by providing assistance to communities, organizations and individuals dedicated to the preservation of our state's rich and diverse past
- the preservation of properties, with real input in acquiring, stabilizing and reselling historic buildings for proper rehabilitation and reuse (see Easements)
- the networking of passionate and talented preservationists in the Palmetto State, who can work together to professionally preserve our state one property, one district, one town at a time
The Palmetto Trust, a non-profit organization operating under 501 (c) 3 status since 1990, is based in Prosperity, just up the road from Columbia, and its dedicated staff and Board of Trustees represent communities from all over South Carolina.
Our organization recieves no operational funding from state or federal governments. Your support is nessesary for the PTHP to do the job you need us to do. Become a member!