Preservation Program in ActionOur preservation program was established by the Palmetto Trust to rescue and re-sell properties in South Carolina that are threatened by neglect or development pressure.
Since its inception, our preservation program has rescued 15 such historic properties.
This fund is a pool of capital created and reserved for historic preservation with the condition that all monies are returned to the fund and reused for similar activities.
How It Works
- Identify threatened historic properties around the Palmetto State
- Purchase or option those properties in dire need of protection
- Stabilize the properties until preservation-sensitive owners can be found
- Market the properties nationally to persons interested in preservation
- Sell the properties with binding renovation agreements that ensure the long-term preservation of their unique characteristics
- Retain preservation easements to protect properties in perpetuity
The Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation
8301 Parklane Road
Columbia, SC 29223